Creating a beacon campaign in Campaign Builder is similar to creating an instant campaign, with a few minor differences.
1. Select “Campaign Builder” from the left navigation menu and select “Beacon Campaign”
2. Name your campaign, we’ll call this one “Patient Exit - Reviews”
3. Now you’ll need to choose the trigger for your beacon campaign. You may select to send them a notification when they either enter or leave.
- Immediate - within 2 feet of the beacon
- Near - within 25 feet of the beacon
- Far - within 150 feet of the beacon
4. Now we’ll need to select the notification which will be sent to the followers mobile devices. Every campaign requires a notification and you have two choices, either push a push notification or a soft notification. Push notifications will be displayed on the home screen of your follower’s phone and soft notifications will display a badge on the My Local Beacon icon notifying them that a new message has been received. Generally, we recommend push notifications for most campaigns as they have a very high probability of being read instantly. In this example, we’ve selected a push notification. We’ve also chosen to use the templated content located below. You may enter whatever information you would like in the notification, but we’ll always have templated content available for you, simply by clicking the plus sign. You can preview your notification to the right to see how it will be displayed on your follower’s device. In this example, we’ll use the templated “Thank you for visiting today” notification.
5. Once we’ve created our notification, it’s time to build the landing page. The landing page is the destination for your followers when they view your campaign and contains the details of your offer, education materials or promotion. The landing page has two required components and two optional components. You may also choose a templated landing page by selecting the one you want and clicking the plus sign from the choices near the bottom of your screen. These templates will include both a title and the text for your landing page.
The title of your landing page will be displayed prominently at the top. The title should be something which will grab your follower’s attention.
The text on your landing page is used to describe your offer, promotion or provide other education or information to your followers.
Add available appointment times to your landing page. This will allow your followers to claim appointments. You may add as many appointments as you want to your landing page.
Add any promotions (10% Off Next Visit, etc.) to your landing page. Promotional campaigns can be done for products and services. You may add as many promotions as you want to your landing page.
In this example, we’ve chosen the templated “Thanks For Coming In Today!” landing page which asks users to provide reviews if they were satisfied with their visit.
6. Now that the landing page is complete, all we need to do is review the details of the campaign and send it. The campaign preview screen allows you to review and edit any of the settings for your campaign before sending it to your followers.
If you like the campaign you’re using and all of the settings, all that’s left to do is to send the campaign, hit this button and you’re all set!